Introducing the Only Web and CD-ROM-Based Training Product in the Industry
Delmar, part of Cengage Learning and a leading provider of learning solutions for ongoing career development and education, today announced the release of Tractor Trailer Driver, an electronic training course for beginning drivers. This course, the only one of its kind in the industry, is available now as a Web-Based Training (WBT) course and will also be available as a Computer-Based Training (CBT) course in May 2010.
Tractor Trailer Driver is designed for new drivers and includes videos and animations that engage users while promoting a high level of retention as they learn. The course is highly interactive and includes end-of section quizzes and a final exam for users. The course covers a broad range of topics including:
- information on getting started in the profession, such as how to obtain a commercial driver’s license
- an overview of administrative skills such as trip planning, driving international routes and transportation security
- details about driving a tractor trailer—vehicle systems, control systems and shifting
- information on cargo handling and documentation
- information on the trailer itself (sliding fifth wheels, tandem axles and special rigs)
The course also includes important safety information including:
- behind-the-wheel skills such as space and speed management, emergency maneuvers and accident procedures
- on-the-road safety issues such as night driving, driving in extreme conditions, skid control and hazard awareness
- preventive maintenance and servicing, and ways to recognize vehicle malfunctions
This new course is designed to work in conjunction with Delmar’s Tractor Trailer Driver Handbook/Workbook, or as a stand-alone tool, allowing instructors the flexibility to address different learning styles and facilitate distance learning.
“We are committed to providing innovative learning solutions to support a wide variety of learning styles, and we are excited to offer this course in a new medium for tractor trailer drivers,” said Kristen Davis, Director of Transportation Industry Solutions, Delmar. “Used in partnership with on-road training, this course provides students with the platform to learn the key skills required to be a successful driver.”
Tractor Trailer Driver follows the latest Professional Truck Drivers Institute (PTDI) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) curriculum guidelines. All sections of the course are also Aviation Industry CBT Committee (AICC) and Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) compliant, ensuring they meet recognized standards for web-based e-learning.
For more information on the course and to view a demonstration, please visit www.trainingbay.cengage.com/tractortrailerdriver.
About Delmar and Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. Delmar, part of Cengage Learning, is the leading provider of lifelong learning products and services for the health care, technology and trades, and career education markets. Delmar’s market-leading imprints include Autodesk Press, Chilton, Milady, NetLearning and OnWord Press. For more information please visit www.cengage.com or www.delmar.cengage.com.