Revision is Enhanced with the Latest Industry Information, Safety Guidelines and Real-Life Photos
Milady, part of Cengage Learning and a leading provider of beauty and wellness learning solutions, today announced the upcoming publication of Milady’s Standard Nail Technology, 6th Edition for students studying for their professional nail technician’s license.
This latest edition of Milady’s Standard Nail Technology contains new and updated information on many subjects including infection control, nail product chemistry, manicuring, pedicuring, electric filing, monomer liquid and polymer powder nail enhancements and UV gels. A new chapter, The Creative Touch, covering the latest nail art mediums and techniques enhances the student’s overall learning experience. New photographs and artwork depict on-the-job nail technicians performing procedures, helping students to apply learning to real-life situations. Important information students need for licensure is presented in a cohesive and streamlined manner, and is aligned with editorial content in Milady’s Standard Cosmetology.
“Milady’s Standard Nail Technology is the most widely-used book for the study of nail technology in the industry,” said Dawn Gerrain, president, Milady. “The new enhancements in this edition deliver everything a student needs to become a licensed nail technician and provide practical tips to ensure success while on-the-job.”
Key features included in the book are:
- A new section on basic nail art
- Learning objectives that provide goals for the students in each chapter
- Full-color photos to help students identify nail disorders more accurately
- Complete chapters focusing on client consultation as well as chemical safety in the nail salon
- Highlighted safety cautions that alert students to services that include potentially hazardous procedures
- Regulatory agency alerts that encourage students to check with their instructor for specific regulations in their state
- Business tips to help students improve their business relations and ensure customer satisfaction
- Application tips that give additional insight to students as they perform service procedures
- Informational web resources for students
- Over 40 step-by-step procedures with new photos offering easy-to-understand directions for performing techniques and preparing students for their practical exams
For more information or to purchase Milady’s Standard Nail Technology, 6th Edition, please visit www.milady.cengage.com. To request cover images or review copies, please contact Erica Conley-Komoroske at 800.998.7498 ext. 2448.
Milady’s Standard Nail Technology, 6th Edition
650 pp., 8 1/2 ” x 11, Softcover, 2011
List Price: $100.95
ISBN 10: 1-4354-9768-6
ISBN-13: ISBN 13: 978-1-4354-9768-9
Spanish edition (Available Fall 2010)
ISBN 10: 1-4354-9755-4
ISBN 13: 978-14283-4124-1
Milady, part of Cengage Learning, is the leading provider of beauty and wellness education and has been an industry staple for the past 80 years. Known not only as a provider of pre-licensure resources, Milady offers training and consulting nationwide in various forms for salon and spa professionals, changing the lives of tens of thousands each year. For more information on Milady please visit www.milady.cengage.com.
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. The company’s products and services are designed to foster academic excellence and professional development, increase student engagement and improve learning outcomes. Cengage Learning’s brands include Heinle, Gale, Wadsworth, Delmar, Brooks/Cole and South-Western, among others. For more information on Cengage Learning please visit www.cengage.com.