Gale Partners with State Library of Iowa and Iowa Academic Library Alliance to Provide Free Access to Digital Resources
Partnership provides Iowa residents with millions of digital resources to support lifelong learning
DES MOINES, Iowa & FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. – December 13, 2017 – The State Library of Iowa, Iowa public libraries and the Iowa Academic Library Alliance have partnered with Gale, a Cengage company and leading provider of library resources, to provide Iowa library users and college students with free access to high-quality digital resources that support learning, research, business and personal enrichment. Iowa residents can visit: www.iowalibrariesonline.org to access these resources through their public or academic library.
“We are excited to bring these in-demand resources to Iowa library users,” said Michael Scott, State Librarian of Iowa. “Gale resources support learning at all ages and serve as a trusted source for reliable and relevant information.”
Gale’s 13 digital offerings include: databases, research materials and periodicals, and can be accessed anytime, anywhere, on any device. These high-quality resources support homework, personal enrichment, health inquiries, business analysis and academic research. Many of the products feature integrated workflow tools from Google and Microsoft, as well as language translation, downloadable audio and easy ways to share and save content.
“The State Library of Iowa has selected an excellent collection of Gale resources to help public and academic libraries support their learners and communities,” said Leigh Ann Cusack, senior director of public and consortia product at Gale. “Iowa libraries are empowered to create a lasting impact on people’s lives and educational pursuits through industry-leading product experiences, tools and support.”
Gale resources now available to Iowa library users free-of-charge include:
- Books and Authors: A reader’s advisory database for discovery of authors, genres and topics
- Business Insights: Essentials: News, in-depth reports and statistics on companies and industries
- ChiltonLibrary: Repair and maintenance instruction for many vehicle makes and models
- Educator’s Reference Complete: Academic journals and reports in the education field
- General OneFile and Academic OneFile — with InfoTrac Collections: Full-text periodicals and popular magazines, plus, peer-reviewed journals aligned to the curriculum
- Health & Wellness Resource Center: Authoritative source for health information, updated daily
- Health Reference Center Academic: Current, reliable health data for students and professionals
- Informe Académico: Spanish-language periodicals
- InfoTrac Newsstand: Searchable access to more than 1,100 global newspapers, images, broadcasts, and transcripts
- InfoTrac Student Edition: Magazines, newspapers and journals for high school students
- Kids InfoBits: Age-appropriate, reliable, curriculum-related content to support elementary students’ research and homework needs
- Research In Context: Authoritative, multimedia reference and periodical content with the most-studied topics for middle school students
This collection of Gale digital resources is available through participating public libraries in Iowa and can be accessed at: www.iowalibrariesonline.org.
About Cengage and Gale
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. The company serves the higher education, K-12, professional, library and workforce training markets worldwide. Gale, a Cengage company, provides libraries with original and curated content, as well as the modern research tools and technology that are crucial in connecting libraries to learning, and learners to libraries. For more than 60 years, Gale has partnered with libraries around the world to empower the discovery of knowledge and insights – where, when, and how people need it. Gale has 500 employees globally with its main operations in Farmington Hills, Michigan. For more information, please visit www.gale.com.
Follow Gale on:
About the State Library of Iowa
The State Library of Iowa actively champions libraries and seeks to improve library services across the state and deliver specialized information services to state government and Iowans. Find out more at: www.statelibraryofiowa.org.