Congratulations to the 2015 TEAMS Award winners – Murray Centennial Public School in Ontario, Canada; Scott Middle School in Lincoln, NE and Portland High School in Portland, TN!
Learn more about the winners here: https://news.cengage.com/k-12/gale-and-library-media-connection-announce-winners-of-the-2015-teams-award/
Teachers And Media Specialists Influencing Student Achievement
The Gale/Library Media Connection TEAMS Award recognizes and encourages the critical collaboration between the teacher and media specialist to promote learning and increase student achievement. The awards are given every two years.
Three winners will receive: $2,500 (U.S.) cash award; Gale products (approximate value $500 U.S.); a one-year subscription to Library Media Connection; and Educator’s Professional Bookshelf (approximate value $500 U.S.) from Linworth Publishing.
A panel comprised of education industry professionals and Gale staff will evaluate the nomination based on:
- Demonstrated collaboration between media specialists and teachers during a school year. Entrants may select which one of the two school years they would like to submit.
- Effective techniques that positively impact student learning and achievement
- Support received from school leadership
- Ability for others to replicate this best practice
All K-12 public and private schools in the United States and Canada are eligible to enter.
Examples of the types of collaboration that will be considered:
- Using large-print books to improve student reading scores
- Increasing literacy among struggling readers
- Improving information literacy: open Web vs. subscription resources
- Using nonfiction materials in classroom libraries to support reading
- Integrating electronic and print reference resources into classroom learning
The nomination may be submitted by a library media specialist(s), teacher(s), principal(s), student(s) or parent(s). There is no entry fee. Information required for submission includes:
- Completed submission form and include any supplemental attachments as identified in the form
- One-page letter of recommendation/support from your school’s principal or assistant principal on school letterhead
- Signed release form (available to download in sidebar at right) for each person involved
- Photograph of the collaborating media specialist/teaching team
- One-minute video describing your project
For more information, including submission and release forms, please visit http://solutions.cengage.com/gale/TEAMS/.