Cengage Learning Named to 2011-2012 EContent List of 100 Digital Companies that “Matter Most”
Stamford, CT – December 8, 2011 – Cengage Learning, a leading global provider of print and digital teaching, learning and research solutions, today announced that it was named to EContent magazine’s list of 100 companies that matter most in the digital content industry. EContent is a leading authority on the businesses of digital publishing, media and marketing. Companies named to the EContent 100 List are chosen for their continued leadership in the content industry and their forward-looking solutions in the digital space. Top companies are selected by EContent and Information Today editors and digital content industry experts.
“It is an honor to have Cengage Learning named to the EContent 100 list for a third year in a row along with such respected digital companies as Google, Amazon and Facebook,” said William Rieders, Executive Vice President, Global Strategy & Business Development, Cengage Learning. “Cengage Learning is committed to creating solutions that meet the changing needs of today’s students and instructors, and we continue to innovate and introduce new solutions aimed at improving outcomes and classroom engagement.”
“At Cengage Learning we strive to provide our customers with cutting-edge digital content and an array of digital learning solutions that can be accessed online, while also offering users choice in how they access that content,” said Nader Qaimari, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Cengage Learning. “Being named to EContent’s top 100 list affirms that our efforts continue to be successful and valued by the industry.”
Key digital products and services from Cengage Learning include:
- MindTap: a program of digital products and services that engages students through interactivity and offers instructors choice in content, platforms, devices and learning tools. Beyond an eBook, course delivery platform or Learning Management System, MindTap is the first in a new category of Personal Learning Experiences. It is device agnostic, giving students access to their course materials anytime, anywhere – on their desktops, laptops, tablets or mobile phones.
- MindLinks: a new service that allows for deeper integration of Cengage Learning’s digital suite of products, such as Aplia and CourseMate, into an institution’s existing Learning Management System.
- CengageCourse: a suite of digital solutions and services that improve student engagement and learning outcomes, and help instructors and academic institutions navigate the changing education landscape. It offers customizable components including:
- CourseMate: an integrated, web-based solution that includes an interactive eTextbook, multimedia resources, flashcards and quizzes. The Engagement Tracker allows instructors to assess students’ participation and time-on-task in an easy-to-use interface.
- CourseMaster: offers assignable, gradable homework solutions – well-known brands such as Aplia, OWL and SAM – that improve student outcomes through enhanced mastery of the curriculum.
- Course360: provides comprehensive online course solutions that help schools reach a broader array of students with quality content and services designed to improve outcomes.
- CourseCare: a service that provides instructors with customizable service, training and support to foster better learning outcomes, maximize ROI and to ensure the effective use of educational technology.
The 11th annual EContent 100 List was published in the December 2011 issue of the magazine, and can be accessed online here.
For more information on Cengage Learning’s innovative digital learning solutions, please visit www.cengage.com.
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. The company’s products and services are designed to foster academic excellence and professional development, increase student engagement, improve learning outcomes and deliver authoritative information to people whenever and wherever they need it. Through the company’s unique position within both the library and academic markets, Cengage Learning is providing integrated learning solutions that bridge from the library to the classroom. Cengage Learning’s brands include Brooks/Cole, Course Technology, Delmar, Gale, Heinle, South-Western and Wadsworth, among others. Cengage Learning is headquartered in Stamford, CT. For more information on Cengage Learning please visit www.cengage.com.