Gale and NC LIVE Help North Carolinians Prepare for College and Career Advancement
North Carolina residents now have free access to Gale’s Testing & Education Reference Center, an online resource offering test preparation, college readiness and career development
RALEIGH, N.C. and Farmington Hills, Mich. – January 17, 2018 – NC LIVE, North Carolina’s statewide library consortium, has partnered with Gale, a Cengage company, to provide more than 200 academic and public libraries across North Carolina with access to Gale’s Testing & Education Reference Center, an interactive eLearning tool powered by Peterson’s®, the leading provider of education and career guidance. This tool provides college and career planning assistance to help users make informed, confident decisions about their professional future.
Any North Carolinian with a library card can use Testing & Education Reference Center to prepare for standardized tests, research undergraduate and graduate programs, find tuition assistance and explore potential careers. Additionally, users can prepare for certification exams, get advice on their resumes and cover letters, prepare for job interviews and learn more about networking. Testing & Education Reference Center is accessible 24/7 on any computer or mobile device.
“The job market in North Carolina is in flux and college tuition continues to increase. As North Carolinians choose first careers, or decide to change careers and potentially go back to school, we want to help them make informed decisions,” said Rob Ross, Executive Director at NC LIVE. “The Testing & Education Reference Center is an online resource that will help our residents choose the best professional path and prepare them for success.”
Whether it’s searching for the right college, finding the pathway to a new career, preparing for a licensing exam, or transitioning from the military to a civilian career, Testing & Education Reference Center contains in-depth information on colleges, technical schools, entrance exams, career development resources and more to help North Carolinians achieve their dreams.
Testing & Education Reference Center provides North Carolina residents with:
- Test prep: Full-length, timed practice exams that simulate the actual testing experience for AP, ACT, SAT, PSAT, GED, HiSET, TASC, LSAT, GRE exams and more. Additionally, career-oriented test prep for nursing programs (NCLEX), military (ASVAB), teaching (Praxis) and cosmetology are also included. Diagnostic pre-tests help users determine where they stand and how much preparation they need before taking an exam.
- College planning: Intuitive searches and quick results deliver information on more than 4,000 accredited schools, including school location, tuition, academics, admission requirements, campus life and much more.
- Financial aid tools: Helps students and parents discover financial aid sources and funding tips with tools like scholarship search, financial aid award analyzer, college savings calculator, tuition cost finder and more.
- Career development: The Resume Builder and Virtual Careers Library tools assist students and job seekers in building essential career skills. Users at any career stage can learn how to build a resume, cover letter and get interviewing tips.
- International tools: Helps individuals prepare to pass the TOEFL (iBT), TOEFL (PBT), TOEIC and U.S. Citizenship tests with online practice tests and eBooks.
“NC LIVE shares Gale’s passion and commitment to helping libraries empower learning and we are thrilled to partner with them,” said Paul Gazzolo, senior vice president and general manager at Gale. “Preparation is key to education achievement. Testing & Education Reference Center provides libraries with essential planning and guidance resources to help North Carolina residents determine and embark on new education and career paths.”
North Carolina residents interested in exploring the testing and career resource can visit: http://nclive.org/cgi-bin/nclsm?rsrc=425.
About NC LIVE
NC LIVE North Carolina’s state library consortium that offers electronic access to resources for all ages on topics ranging from careers, business and investing, to health, history and genealogy. eBooks, audiobooks, videos, magazines, newspapers, journals, language-learning tools, and other online materials available through NC LIVE are designed for at-home use, and are available from any Internet connection via library websites, and through www.nclive.org. All North Carolinians have access to NC LIVE resources through local public libraries, community colleges, or college and university libraries.
About Peterson’s Peterson’s®, a Nelnet company, has been your trusted educational publisher for over 50 years. It’s a milestone we’re quite proud of, as we continue to provide the most accurate, dependable, high-quality education content in the field, providing students with everything they need to succeed. No matter where they are on their academic or professional path, they can rely on Peterson’s publications and its online resources at Petersons.com for the most up-to-date education exploration data, admissions resources, expert test prep, and scholarship tools – everything they need to achieve their goals.
About Cengage and Gale
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. The company serves the higher education, K-12, professional, library and workforce training markets worldwide. Gale, a Cengage company, provides libraries with original and curated content, as well as the modern research tools and technology that are crucial in connecting libraries to learning, and learners to libraries. For more than 60 years, Gale has partnered with libraries around the world to empower the discovery of knowledge and insights – where, when, and how people need it. Gale has 500 employees globally with its main operations in Farmington Hills, Michigan. For more information, please visit www.gale.com.
Follow Gale on:
Kayla Siefker, Gale Cengage, 248-699-8456, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Henze, NC LIVE, 919-513-3236, email@example.com