Voting Begins in America’s Top TA Competition by CengageBrain
National Scholarship Contest Looks to Recognize Stellar Academic Professionals
Chicago, Ill., May 21, 2012 – Voting is now open for the first ever America’s Top TA Competition by CengageBrain, allowing college students to recognize the teaching assistants who have had the biggest impact on their education. To vote, please visit CengageBrain’s Facebook page. Voting will end on Sunday, May 27.
Students had two weeks to nominate their favorite teaching assistants, and a group of CengageBrain Student Ambassadors selected the top ten finalists:
- Dan Coiro, Chemistry at Rutgers University
- Dylan Lynch, Political Science at University of Rhode Island
- Mary Lee Cunill, Interpersonal Communication at University of Georgia
- Kevin Measor, Neuroscience at University of California, Riverside
- Patrick Hunt, Chemistry at University of Texas at Austin
- Rebecca Evanhoe, Writing at University of Florida
- Mihaela Ifrim, Mathematics at University of California, Davis
- Stephanie Oben, Public Relations at Wayne State University
- Tal Katz, Psychology at University of South Carolina
- Ryan Laddusaw, Chemistry at Texas A&M University
In addition to receiving the title of America’s Top TA, CengageBrain (www.cengagebrain.com), the premier destination for purchasing discount college textbooks and part of Cengage Learning, will create three $2,500 scholarships in the winning teaching assistant’s name. The reigning Top TA will also become part of the integral team that selects the scholarship recipients. Scholarship criteria will be determined at a later date with input from the Top TA.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were a total of 46,360 teaching assistants at colleges, universities, professional schools and junior colleges in the United States in 2011. Most work part-time while also studying for their degree, and CengageBrain is excited to be honoring all that they do.
Show your support and appreciation for TAs by going to CengageBrain’s Facebook page to vote for America’s Top TA.
About Cengage Learning and CengageBrain
Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. CengageBrain is the premier destination for purchasing Cengage Learning textbooks, eBooks, eChapters, digital solutions, study tools and textbook rentals at a significant discount. For more information on CengageBrain, visit www.cengagebrain.com.