Direct User Feedback Drives New Gale PowerSearch Enhancements
Now Live, Latest Features Deliver Greater “Power to the User”
Farmington Hills, Mich., August 1, 2011 — Gale, part of Cengage Learning and a leading publisher of research and reference resources for libraries, schools and businesses, today announced enhancements to Gale PowerSearch, its specially designed platform that offers cross-searching of periodical content, reference content, primary source information and ebooks from a single interface. Based on user feedback, Gale has added a multitude of new features, including search assist, enhanced results lists, language customizability, expanded content and enhanced subject and publication search options. These features allow for a faster, easier way to search millions of entries and multiple online resources with just one query.
“After conducting numerous user surveys and focus groups with librarians, students, teachers and library patrons, we have taken the most-requested features and incorporated them into our InfoTrac collections and PowerSearch technology,” said Jason Bass, associate publisher, general reference and international solutions, Gale. “Users now have more tools and options to target the more than 180 million documents available on the PowerSearch platform.”
Gale PowerSearch provides libraries, universities, schools and businesses with a sophisticated yet simple solution for managing a wealth of periodical, reference, multimedia and primary source information. Researchers can access almost all of the Gale content in their library’s collection through one, single search query. The interface provides users with a Web-like experience and includes features that appeal to and empower library researchers.
These exciting new enhancements include:
- Search Assist: InfoTrac products now have an intuitive auto-complete feature allowing users to find the exact subject, keyword or publication they are looking for from a single search box, saving time and providing search functionality similar to what they experience with other Web products. Trending top searches and top content viewed by resource are also featured on the homepage
- Related Subjects: By default, results lists display all relevant, related subjects and articles to help users find the information they seek faster and more efficiently
- Enhanced Publication and Subject Search: Additional features and limiters have been added to the publication and subject search pages along with search assist “Did You Mean?” functionality
- Language Customizability: The user interface now supports three additional languages: Chinese, Japanese and Korean, and translation of all foreign language documents to English
- New Titles: New content is added to InfoTrac products daily. In the last year, more than 1,500 new titles were added, including more than 1.6 million articles
Gale PowerSearch will continue to support existing features such as Read-Speaker audio technology, eBook cross-search, sharing tools, language translation and more. Academic OneFile, General OneFile, InfoTrac and PowerSearch enhancements are now available for new and existing customers.
For more information, please visit http://www.gale.cengage.com/powersearch/enhanced/. For questions or to set up a trial of Gale PowerSearch, please contact Kristina Massari at email@example.com.
About Cengage Learning and Gale
Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. Gale, part of Cengage Learning, serves the world’s information and education needs through its vast and dynamic content pools, which are used by students and consumers in their libraries, schools and on the Internet. It is best known for the accuracy, breadth and convenience of its data, addressing all types of information needs – from homework help to health questions to business profiles – in a variety of formats. For more information, visit www.cengage.com or www.gale.cengage.com.