Gale Announces Renewed and Expanded Contract with the Connecticut State Library
Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, today announced the renewal of a contract with the Connecticut State Library, to deliver a broad range of Gale resources via iCONN.org – Connecticut’s re-search engine that provides students, faculty and state residents with online access to essential library and information resources.
In addition to previously available Gale resources including Academic OneFile, Business & Company Resource Center and Health & Wellness Resource Center, the new contract will provide residents access to the following:
- Science Resource Center is an in-depth curriculum-oriented science resource focusing on such topics as earth science, life science, and space science.
- History Resource Center: U.S. puts the tools of the historian in the hand of the student and general researcher covering U.S. history from pre-colonial times to the present.
- History Resource Center: World is a comprehensive online collection of full-text periodicals, reference works and primary source documents covering world history topics from pre-antiquity to the present.
- What Do I Read Next? identifies similarities in various books, listing everything a reader needs to know to make a new selection.
- 50 e-Reference Books cover a wide range of topics including history, literature and world cultures.
“Gale is proud to be a primary partner with the Connecticut State Library, helping Connecticut’s libraries bring power to the user,” said Nader Qaimari, vice president, market strategy for Gale. “Using iCONN.org, residents will have easy access to their entire collection of electronic resources through a one-search homepage which leverages Gale PowerSearch technology.”
“This enhanced package of Gale products allows us to bring hundreds of reference works, primary sources and a rich collection of multi-media to all public, K12 and academic users in Connecticut,” said Bill Sullivan, iCONN administrator. “At the same time, we will be leveraging Gale’s search technology to deliver a unified search experience for users across both Gale and non-Gale content.”
For more information, please contact Linda Busse at [email protected].
About Cengage Learning and Gale
Cengage Learning delivers highly customized learning solutions for colleges, universities, professors, students, libraries, government agencies, corporations and professionals around the world. Gale, part of Cengage Learning, serves the world’s information and education needs through its vast and dynamic content pools, which are used by students and consumers in their libraries, schools and on the Internet. It is best known for the accuracy, breadth and convenience of its data, addressing all types of information needs – from homework help to health questions to business profiles – in a variety of formats. For more information, visit www.cengage.com or www.gale.com