Graham & Whiteside titles now on Gale Directory Library</em.
Farmington Hills, Mich., Jan. 20, 2009– Gale Directory Library now offers 22 Graham & Whiteside titles from its Major Companies of the World Series. Gale Directory Library lets customers build an online directory library where users can cross-search multiple directories or search a single title, enabling them to search, sort and export the data.
“This is the first time a comprehensive set of global company data is available online through Gale Directory Library,” said David Forman, business publisher at Gale, part of Cengage Learning.
“The combination of the new Graham & Whiteside titles along with the 29 data sets already available on Gale Directory Library makes for an unparalleled research experience,” he said.
Graham & Whiteside, founded in 1976, is a leading supplier of high-quality international business and professional information. Its Major Companies of the World Series titles offer unparalleled access to key data on the most important international companies. Companies in this series have been selected on the basis of the size of their sales volume, premium income or total assets, as appropriate. Large companies have also been selected that are involved in strategic industries or are of geographical significance or are of newsworthy status in their country.
“These titles provide hard-to-find, private company information with the ability to conduct very granular searches,” Forman said. “The searches are also completely modular and you have the option to only purchase the information you want.”
The titles are used by business executives, bankers, investment analysts and researchers to:
- Identify potential customers, trading partners, joint venture prospects or acquisitions
- Find clients, suppliers, or partners
- Check a company’s financial status
- Find subsidiary or agency relationships
- Generate mailing lists
The series is presented in two main lines: the Regional directories and the Industry Sector directories. The Regional directories provide up-to-date information by region on leading businesses worldwide. The Industry Sector directories provide up-to-date information on international companies falling within the main sectors of industry and commerce including energy, finance, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and more.
Titles available in the Regional directories include:
Major Companies of Europe
- Vol 1: Southern Europe – Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Israel, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Turkey
- Vol 2: France
- Vol 3: Germany
- Vol 4: Benelux Region – Austria, Belgium, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland
- Vol 5: Scandinavia – Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden
- Vol 6: Central Europe – Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
- Vol 7: United Kingdom and Ireland
Major Companies of Asia and Australasia
- Vol 1: South East Asia
- Vol 2: East Asia
- Vol 3: Australasia
- Vol 4: Southwest Asia
Major Companies of the Arab World
Major Companies of Africa South of the Sahara
Major Companies of Latin America & the Caribbean
Major Companies of Central & Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States
Titles available in the Industry Sector directories include:
- Major Chemical and Petrochemical Companies of the World
- Major Energy Companies of the World
- Major Telecommunications Companies of the World
- Major Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies of the World
- Major Financial Institutions of the World
- Major Food & Drink Companies of the World
- Major Information Technology Companies of the World
For more information, please contact Linda Busse at [email protected].
About Cengage Learning and Gale
Cengage Learning delivers highly customized learning solutions for colleges, universities, professors, students, libraries, government agencies, corporations and professionals around the world. Gale, part of Cengage Learning, serves the world’s information and education needs through its vast and dynamic content pools, which are used by students and consumers in their libraries, schools and on the Internet. It is best known for the accuracy, breadth and convenience of its data, addressing all types of information needs – from homework help to health questions to business profiles – in a variety of formats – books and eBooks, databases and microfilm. For more information visit: www.cengage.com or www.gale.com.