NetLearning Launches New LMS Platform for the Healthcare Industry
Version 8.0 Boasts New Features, Ease of Use and Best in Class Performance
NetLearning, part of Cengage Learning and a leading provider of online courses and e-learning software for health care workers and hospital administrators, today released Version 8.0 of its learning management system (LMS) platform—the most advanced LMS available in the healthcare industry. Built in ASP.net/Microsoft SQL Server architecture, the NetLearning LMS was designed and refined by healthcare professionals to ensure maximum efficiency when managing, tracking and reporting on staff development, training and compliance.
NetLearning partnered with current and prospective clients to gather extensive user feedback during key phases of development through to the pilot program. As a result, the new version includes more platform flexibility to customize dashboards, reports and enrollments to better allow for tracking of training activity. Unlike other systems, NetLearning’s LMS platform continues to offer integration with HR systems, sending information on grades and course completion dates to automate payroll, scheduling, merit raises and other performance initiatives as determined by the administrator. In addition, e-Commerce capabilities have been built into the new NetLearning LMS allowing healthcare facilities to sell courses to staff, community volunteers or suppliers.
“This platform introduces some excellent enhancements and new features based on our experience with more than 1.2 million users at more than 600 facilities,” said Cathy Esperti, Vice President, NetLearning. “NetLearning’s LMS enables our clients to create solutions that will revolutionize how education is administered in healthcare facilities, while saving time and money during the process.”
In fact, according to customer feedback and surveys, 94% of NetLearning customers reported an increase in compliance as a result of implementing the LMS and indicated savings of 93% of the costs of traditional training. Instructors report that they save up to 30 hours per week with the use of NetLearning and managers save up to 15 hours per week.
Unique Features of NetLearning Version 8.0:
- NetManagerPlus—delegates administrative privileges to the department level making front-line and mid-level managers more efficient while administrators retain overall control
- ACT—the Accelerated Training assessment feature enables facilities to set up curriculum pre-assessment to test and evaluate the knowledge of users before mandatory training begins
- Minute Mandatories—Employees due for recertification can take mandatory courses in just 6 minutes with this unique review feature.
- Accreditation Assurance—allows customers to go into an accreditation audit with confidence that NetLearning will be there to assist with any needs that may arise during the audit
- myNetLearning—flexible and customizable student interface where students can complete coursework, take exams, view and print transcripts, view completed and upcoming courses, and enroll in courses
- Web 2.0 functionality—the new Student Interface, or myNetLearning, makes use of widgets in a manner similar to iGoogle, Facebook and other Web 2.0 sites providing immediate access to learner assignments, completions, reports and available educational opportunities
To learn more about Version 8.0, to access NetLearning’s courseware e-Store with over 4,000 courses, or to view product demos, please visit www.netlearning.cengage.com/e-store. To follow NetLearning on Twitter (@MyNetLearning), please visit http://twitter.com/MyNetLearning.
About NetLearning and Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. NetLearning, part of Cengage Learning, is an e-learning solutions provider developing products specifically for the health care industry since 1995. The NetLearning product suite allows for the deployment, management, and reporting of training-related activities. For more information about NetLearning, please visit www.NetLearning.Cengage.com.